Home Learning & Resources:
Please contact your teacher if you are missing log in details.
- Bug Club
- Fitter Future
- Curriculum Letters – updated termly
- Parent Workshops
- Cognitive Ability Test (CAT) Presentation – November 2018
Now your child is in Upper School please note the additional items now needed in class:
- Pencil case with:
- 2-3 good quality sharpened pencils
- colouring pencils
- Rucksack – no book bag needed anymore
- Lunch bag / box / or pay for school dinners via Scopay
- Water bottle
Please also note – If homework is missed they will miss breaks or lose golden time. Swimming lessons will begin at the magnet after Christmas for approximately 10 weeks.
Please use the following links to access our online homework systems and other documents that will help support your child through this important year:
Holly: Mrs S Ford (Mon) & Mrs S Sandhar (Tues-Fri)
Hazel: Mrs Piggott
GTP Teachers : Mrs J McDonald and Mrs V Manders-Wood
HLTA: Mrs Butler
Timetable for the day
- Start @ 8.55am – Finish @ 3.20pm.
- Break @ 10.20am – Lunch @ 12.30pm.
- Maths & English before lunch.
- Non-core lessons in the afternoons.
- PE/Games taught 2x per week.
- Whole school (Values/Ethos) assembly on a Monday.
- Phase assembly on a Thursday.
- Whole school (Celebration) assembly on a Friday.
Things needed for school
- PE/Games kit – NAMED please.
- Pencil case with pencil, rubber, sharpener, ruler, handwriting pen (Berol), Pritt stick and a selection of colouring pencils.
- PLEASE – NO gel pens, felt pens or sharpies – if brought into school, children will be asked to leave them in their school bags.
Academic expectations for the end of Yr3
By the end of the year the national expectation for a child in Y3 is 3.3 for
- Children will be expected to be more independent in their attitude to learning and taking responsibility for their possessions.
- Reading books and records (signed by parent) will be expected in daily.
- Children are expected to read each day and sanctions will be given to children not achieving this.
- Children will have a locker (roughly 21cm x 21cm x 50cm) to keep their possessions in, so please ensure they bring a bag that fits into this.
- Children are allowed to drink water throughout the day, so please ensure they have a full, named bottle in school.
- Rewards are given through House Points (normally given in 5s) and Marble Treat. Golden Time will continue as in Year 2.
- Children will be given roles and responsibilities in the class e.g. School Council, Eco Representatives, table and PE monitors.
- We hope to be able to provide at least one school trip per year, but will be asking for enough voluntary contributions for the trip to go ahead.
- Y3 will go swimming during Term 3 and 4. Information will be distributed in T2.
Who do I speak to if I have any concerns:
- See your child’s class teacher to begin with (they will know your child best/spend the most time with them)
- Class teachers will liaise as necessary with any relevant people (Mrs Podolska – Inclusion Manager, the Phase Leader for the key stage and/or Deputy Heads to support
- Appointments can be made directly with the class teacher or please contact the school office who can also assist you as necessary
- The Head teacher Mr Woodbridge is also available to support you with any concerns you may have once you have spoken to your child’s class teacher and phase leader unless it is a safeguarding concern. An appointment can be made to see him via the school office
Other fun and educational Links: