Welcome to Wessex nursery where most children start their exciting journey through our school.
Nursery Teacher: Mrs Ward
Support Staff: Mrs Spires, Mrs Price, Mrs Dean
- Library books can be chosen weekly, on a Wednesday, to be shared at home.
- Home learning ideas are issued during the home visit when your child starts Nursery.
- Home learning challenge suggestions are displayed on the parent’s notice board.
Timetable for the day
- Start @ 9.00am – Finish @ 12.00pm.
- 00 self-registration, 9.30am group time, 9.45-11.45 child led learning, 11.45-12.00pm group story time.
- Lunch Club 12.00-1.00pm, booked in advance and paid via Scope (£3.50 per session).
Things needed for Nursery
- Waterproof suit and Wellies- NAMED please.
- Black book folder – NAMED please.
- Clothes that allow easy access to toileting needs. Tracksuit bottoms or leggings are preferable to tighter skinny jeans. Please name all clothing.
- Shoes that are safe to climb in. Velcro trainers are ideal but please avoid crocs, flip flops, open toed sandals etc.
- Summer – sun hat and apply sun cream to your child as necessary.
Expectations for the end of FS1
- To independently use the toilet and wash their hands.
- To be able to put on and take off their coat independently and attempt to do it up.
- To happily share toys and equipment with their peers.
- To be confident to talk to adults and peers within the Nursery.
- To be able to sit still and listen in small groups during group time and story time.
- Available on website and distributed during new parent meeting.
- We hope to be able to provide at least one school trip per year, but will be asking for enough voluntary contributions for the trip to go ahead.
Who do I speak to if I have any concerns?
- See your child’s class teacher to begin with (they will know your child best/spend the most time with them).
- Class teachers will liaise as necessary with any relevant people (Mrs Podolska – Inclusion Manager, the Phase Leader for the key stage and/or Deputy Heads to support.
- Appointments can be made directly with the class teacher or please contact the school office who can also assist you as necessary.
- The Head teacher Mr Woodbridge is also available to support you with any concerns you may have once you have spoken to your child’s class teacher and phase leader unless it is a safeguarding concern. An appointment can be made to see him via the school office.
Other fun and educational Links: