Click below to view:
General Data Protection Regulation 2018: How we use pupil information
We collect and hold personal information relating to our pupils and may also receive information about them from their previous school, local authority and/or the Department for Education (DfE). We use this personal data to:
- support our pupils’ learning monitor and report on their progress
- For wellbeing and safeguarding children
- provide appropriate pastoral care; and assess the quality of our service
- This information will include their contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, any exclusion information, where they go after they leave us and personal characteristics such as their ethnic group, any special educational needs they may have as well as relevant medical information.
We will not give information about our pupils to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. If you want to receive a copy of the information about your son/daughter that we hold, please contact:
The School office and ask for the school business manager
If you need to contact our data protection officer see information below on how to contact Jennifer Shaw at Windsor and Maidenhead council.
We are required, by law, to pass certain information about our pupils to our local authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE).
DfE may also share pupil level personal data that we supply to them, with third parties. This will only take place where legislation allows it to do so and it is in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Decisions on whether DfE releases this personal data to third parties are subject to a robust approval process and are based on a detailed assessment of who is requesting the data, the purpose for which it is required, the level and sensitivity of data requested and the arrangements in place to store and handle the data. To be granted access to pupil level data, requestors must comply with strict terms and conditions covering the confidentiality and handling of data, security arrangements and retention and use of the data.
- For more information on how this sharing process works, please visit:
- For information on which third party organisations (and for which project) pupil level data has been provided to, please visit:
- If you need more information about how our local authority and/or DfE collect and use your information, please visit:
- RBWM Data Privacy
- Government Guidance on Data Protection
- RBWM Data Privacy
Contacting our DPO
If you are unable to access these websites we can send you a copy of this information. Please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
Information Management Team –
Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Website Privacy, Data and Cookies
Any personal details you enter in to our website will be kept private and secure by us and not revealed to any third party.
We comply with the UK Data Protection Act, which states that processing of personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice – data must be fairly and lawfully processed; processed for limited purposes; adequate, relevant and not excessive; accurate; not kept longer than necessary; processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights; secure; not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
Our website uses session cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Other session cookies are used to improve how the website works and find out which areas are used most.
The cookies do not (and cannot) collect personal information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
By continuing to use our website, you agree that we can place these types of session cookies on your device.