Learning & Resources:
Please contact your teacher if you are missing log in details.
- Bug Club
- Fitter Future
- Curriculum Letters – updated termly
- Parent Workshops
- Hooke Court 2018
Poplar: Mrs A Oliva
Pine: Mr S Green
GTP Teacher: Mr M Clements
HLTA: Mrs Meades
Mrs Woolford, Mrs Harley
Timetable for the day
- Start @ 8.55am – Finish @ 3.20pm.
- Break @ 10.20am – Lunch @ 12.30pm.
- Maths & English before lunch.
- Non-core lessons in the afternoons.
- PE/Games taught 2x per week.
- Whole school (Values/Ethos) assembly on a Monday.
- Phase assembly on a Tuesday.
- Whole school (Celebration) assembly on a Friday.
Things needed for school
- PE/Games kit – NAMED please.
- Pencil case with pencil, rubber, sharpener, ruler, handwriting pen (Berol), Pritt stick and a selection of colouring pencils.
- PLEASE – NO gel pens, felt pens or sharpies – if brought in to school, children will be asked to leave them in their bags.
Academic expectations for the end of Yr5
By the end of the year the national expectation for a child in Y5 is 5.3 for
- As part of Upper Key Stage 2, children are expected to be role models for younger year groups in the school and should demonstrate how to follow the school’s Golden rules at all times.
- Children will be expected to be more independent in their attitude to learning and to take responsibility for their own possessions and to respect the possessions of others.
- Children are expected to read each day and reading books and records (signed by parent) will be expected in daily. If this does not take place at home, they will be required to do this in school time where a quiet time will be provided.
- The role of Reading Ambassador will be given to those who read regularly. This is an opportunity to listen to KS1 and Lower KS2 children read in the morning.
- Children may be given the role of School Council or Eco Representatives for their class.
- Children will also have the opportunity to apply for various roles/responsibilities within the classroom.
- We hope to be able to provide at least one school trip per year, but will be asking for enough voluntary contributions for the trip to go ahead.
- Y5 will have the opportunity for a 3 day residential trip to Hooke Court in the summer term. Information will be shared at a parent meeting in Sept.
Who do I speak to if I have any concerns:
- See your child’s class teacher to begin with (they will know your child best/spend the most time with them).
- Class teachers will liaise as necessary with any relevant people (Mrs Podolska – Inclusion Manager, the Phase Leader for the key stage and/or Deputy Heads to support.
- Appointments can be made directly with the class teacher or please contact the school office who can also assist you as necessary.
- The Head teacher Mr Woodbridge is also available to support you with any concerns you may have once you have spoken to your child’s class teacher and phase leader unless it is a safeguarding concern. An appointment can be made to see him via the school office.
Other fun and educational Links: