Home Learning & Resources:
Please contact your teacher if you are missing log in details.
Cherry: Mrs Engelbrecht (Mon),& Mrs Savage (Tues-Fri)
Chestnut: Miss McArdle
HLTA: Ms Harrison
Mrs Shearsmith, Mrs Batey, Mrs Richards
Timetable for the day
- Start @ 9.00am – Finish @ 3.20pm.
- Break @ 10.35am – Lunch @ 12.15pm.
- Maths & English before lunch.
- Non-core lessons in the afternoons.
- PE/Games taught 2 x per week.
- Whole school (Values/Ethos) assembly on a Monday.
- Open the Book assembly on a Tuesday.
- Phase assembly on a Thursday.
- Whole school (celebration) assembly on a Friday
Things needed for school
- PE/Games kit – NAMED please. Including tape to cover earrings.
- Water bottle – named pleased.
- Book bag – please keep reading book in the book bag.
Academic expectations for the end of Yr2
By the end of the year the national expectation for a child in Y2 is 2.3 for
- Test dates – May 2018
- Number of tests – 2 x maths: 1 arithmetic and 1 reasoning paper. 2x reading papers. 1 optional SPaG paper (spelling, punctuation and grammar).
- There will be a parent meeting in Sept with further info.
- How can I support my child during the summer holidays? Spend time as a family reading books, exploring your local area and talking a lot about what you experience. Continue to practise number bonds and have a go counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- To follow instructions and work independently or co-operatively, as appropriate.
- To ask questions to clarify understanding and extend learning.
- Develop resilience to deal with setbacks.
- To be kind and supportive with each other.
- Take responsibility for handing in reading books to be changed.
- To become more independent when learning.
- To embrace new challenges.
- To use prior learning to solve problems.
- Children will be given roles and responsibilities in the class e.g. School Council and House Captains.
- We hope to be able to provide at least one school trip per year, but will be asking for enough voluntary contributions for the trip to go ahead
Who do I speak to in September 2017?
If you have a concern regarding your child please can you:
- See your child’s class teacher to begin with (they will know your child best/spend the most time with them).
- Class teachers will liaise as necessary with any relevant people (Mrs Podolska – Inclusion Manager, the Phase Leader for the key stage and/or Deputy Heads to support.
- Appointments can be made directly with the class teacher or please contact the school office who can also assist you as necessary.
- The Head Teacher Mr Woodbridge is also available to support you with any concerns you may have once you have spoken to your child’s class teacher and phase leader unless it is a safeguarding concern. An appointment can be made to see him via the school office.
Other fun and educational Links: