Home Learning & Resources:
Please contact your teacher if you are missing log in details.
Birch – Mr McInerney
Beech – Miss J Ward
HLTA: Mrs Rowe
Mrs Pauffley, Mrs Hazel, Mrs Sergeant, Mrs Phillips
Timetable for the day
- Start @ 9.00am – Finish @ 3.20pm.
- Break @ 10.35am – Lunch @ 12.15pm.
- Maths & English before lunch.
- Non-core lessons in the afternoons.
- PE/Games taught 2x per week.
- Whole school (Values/Ethos) assembly on a Monday.
- Phase assembly on a Thursday.
- Whole school (Celebration) assembly on a Friday.
Things needed for school
- PE/Games kit – NAMED please.
- Book bag – please keep reading book in the book bag.
- A named water bottle.
Academic expectations for the end of Yr1
By the end of the year the national expectation for a child in Y1 is 1.3 for
- Test dates – The national test will take place week commencing 11th June 2018
- Number of tests – There are 3 practice tests throughout the year.
- Date of parent meeting in Sept – information to follow.
- How can I support my child during the Summer holidays –
- enjoy reading books
- play games on ICT games and Phonics Play websites to practise sounds listed in reading records
- Use skills learned in FS2 in everyday life – look at words in the environment and practise sounding them out
- Talk about the world around them and what they have done that day.
- To be responsible for personal hygiene, including flushing and washing hands after using the toilet.
- To be able to listen during whole class learning sessions.
- To follow instructions and work independently or co-operatively, as appropriate.
- To ask questions to clarify understanding and extend learning.
- Develop resilience to deal with setbacks.
- To be kind and supportive with each other.
- We hope to be able to provide at least one school trip per year, but will be asking for enough voluntary contributions for the trip to go ahead.
Who do I speak to in September 2017
If you have a concern regarding your child please can you:-
- See your child’s class teacher to begin with (they will know your child best/spend the most time with them).
- Class teachers will liaise as necessary with any relevant people (Mrs Podolska – Inclusion Manager, the Phase Leader for the key stage and/or Deputy Heads to support.
- Appointments can be made directly with the class teacher or please contact the school office who can also assist you as necessary.
- The Head teacher Mr Woodbridge is also available to support you with any concerns you may have once you have spoken to your child’s class teacher and phase leader unless it is a safeguarding concern. An appointment can be made to see him via the school office.
Other fun and educational Links: