Home Learning & Resources:
Please contact your teacher if you are missing log in details.
Alder: Miss Powell
Ash: Miss Smith
Mrs McFarlane, Mrs Taylor, Mrs Weaver, Mrs Robertson
- Reading books will be sent home twice a week.
- Library books can be chosen weekly to be shared at home.
- Children will be given opportunities to complete special people projects throughout the year.
- Home learning ideas will be sent home throughout the year.
Timetable for the day
- Start @ 9.00am – Finish @ 3.20pm.
- Lunch @ 12.00 (Term 1) 12.15pm (Term 2-6).
- PE/Games taught 1x per week.
- Whole school (Values/Ethos) assembly on a Monday.
- Whole school (Celebration) assembly on a Friday.
Things needed for school
- PE/Games kit – NAMED please.
- Waterproof suit and Wellies- NAMED please.
Academic expectations for the end of FS2
By the end of the year the national expectation for a child in FS2 is to have achieved the early learning goal (ELG) within:
- Personal, Social, Emotional Development,
- Communication and Language,
- Physical Development,
- Literacy and Maths.
- Curriculum Meeting – Term 1 – Week 4
6pm and 2.30pm – further details will follow.
- Early Reading Meeting- Term 2 Week 1
– further details will follow.
- How can I support my child during the summer holidays – information is on the back of your child’s home school transition book.
- To independently change out of their uniform, into their PE kits and back into their school uniforms.
- To independently use the toilet and wash their hands.
- To be able to listen in small groups to stories and conversation for short periods of time.
- Persisting with an activity when challenges occur.
- Planning, making decisions about how to approach a task, solve a problem and reach a goal.
- Develop a positive sense of themselves and others and form positive relationships with their peers and adults.
- We hope to be able to provide at least one school trip per year, but will be asking for enough voluntary contributions for the trip to go ahead
Who do I speak to in September 2017
If you have a concern regarding your child please can you:-
- See your child’s class teacher to begin with (they will know your child best/spend the most time with them).
- Class teachers will liaise as necessary with any relevant people (Mrs Podolska – Inclusion Manager, the Phase Leader for the key stage and/or Deputy Heads to support.
- Appointments can be made directly with the class teacher or please contact the school office who can also assist you as necessary.
- The Head teacher Mr Woodbridge is also available to support you with any concerns you may have once you have spoken to your child’s class teacher and phase leader unless it is a safeguarding concern. An appointment can be made to see him via the school office.
Other fun and educational Links:
- Words for Life
- Oxford Owl – Reading and Maths
- Oxford Owl – Free eBooks
- Go Noodle
- I Can Cook
- Minibeast Adventure
- CBeebies games
- CBeebies Playtime App for handheld devices
Thank you for taking the time to read the information provided regarding your child’s new class (2017-18). We look forward to your child having a happy and successful year with their new teacher.